Future RAAM Qualifier

Friday, June 09, 2006

One more week until the 24 Hour Challenge in Michigan! I have been riding on Skyline Drive quite frequently and have made some marked improvements. For the rides of 30 and 40 miles, my average speed has increased from 10.4 mph to 13 mph. I am sure that will be noticeable on a less hilly terrain also, since that speed includes over 6,000 ft. of climbing.

On my first Skyline climb some time ago, my uphill average was 5.9 mph, and now it is 8.1 mph. I can't wait to see how this helps in Michigan!

Perhaps the biggest change however is the absence of knee pain! After some evaluation, I made a shoe adjustment by adding cleat shims. These shims have my feet in their more natural position, and for the first time ever, my knees don't hurt after a long ride. The difference was also instant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home