Future RAAM Qualifier

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Well, this was a good weekend! Although my weight is up from the extensive travel from work, and my training time has been lower than I want, I still did Calvin's Challenge in Springfield Ohio on Saturday.
My goal was to finish at least 150 miles. I ended up doing 164 miles and actually had time to do 14 more (and should have). Still, I am quite happy with 164 and now know I will do well next month in Michigan at the 24 hour Challenge. Hopefully my weight will be down at least a little more. Anything will help since it is a hilly course.
My goal for Michigan is 288 miles. The first loop is the worst at over 100 miles and hilly, so if I can get off of that loop in a decent time, I know I can hit my goal. It would be really awesome if I could get to 300 miles, but we will see.
In July I will be doing the Saratoga race in New York State. I still haven't decided if I will do the 12 or 24, but am leaning towards the 12. August is in Massachussetts and it is 12 or 24 as well. I understand it is a very flat course, but since it is only a month before the 24 Hour Championships in Iowa, I will probably do the 12 hour race. Besides, then I can have 3 good 12 hour races and 3 24 hour races for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home